Mission and Vision
With its foundation in technology, the sciences and professional practice, Southern Africa Future Institute of Innovation and Technology advances the discovery and application of knowledge that accelerates economic growth, regional development and social innovation and inspires graduates who will continue to make an impact on the world, as it is and as it will be.
- Provide superior undergraduate and graduate programs that are technology-enriched and responsive to the needs of students and the evolving workplace.
- Conduct research that creates knowledge, solves problems, results in economic and social innovation and engages students.
- Facilitate life-long learning that is flexible, inclusive and emphasizes college Institute transfers.
- Develop academic and research collaborations with industry and community that stimulate and enhance the region and Institute in Africa and abroad.
- Cultivate a dynamic learning environment for students by promoting social engagement, fostering critical thinking and integrating experiences inside and outside the classroom.
The Mission Statement of SAFIIT affirms a commitment to “an atmosphere that values intellectual curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge while preserving academic freedom and integrity”. SAFIIT is thus committed to creating environments where freedom of inquiry occurs in a climate of inclusiveness and civility. Central to this commitment is the principle of treating each member of the SAFIIT community fairly and with respect. To encourage such behavior, SAFIIT prohibits discrimination, disrespect, and harassment and provides equal opportunities for all community members regardless of their race, color, religion, ethnic origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, gender or age. Where actions are found that violate this standard, the SAFIIT will take prompt action to end the offending conduct, prevent its recurrence, provide corrective training, and, when necessary, discipline those responsible.