We advance the discovery and application of knowledge to accelerate economic growth, regional development and social innovation. We inspire and equip our students and our graduates to make a positive impact in a tech-focused world.
Tech with a conscience
We aim to improve the lives of humans and the planet through the ethical application of technology. It’s a key component in our teaching and learning practices, administrative processes and innovative research projects.
- For us it’s not only about developing the next tech breakthrough. Understanding and integrating the social and ethical implications of technology differentiates us as a university.
We adapt to the ever-changing educational landscape by experimenting with the most effective ways to deliver flexible and dynamic learning, giving more choices to more people.
- By offering a range of credentials and experiential learning opportunities, and sparking entrepreneurship activities, we provide learner-centred educational options.
We help industry, community, government and academic partners be more effective by bringing them together with students and researchers to uncover innovative solutions for our partners’ most pressing problems.
- We team with organizations, local and abroad, to bring synergies, ideas and insights into our research and teaching environment—dynamic spaces that contribute to a more prosperous social fabric and planet
SAFIIT Vision, Mission and Values
With its foundation in technology, the sciences and professional practice, Southern Africa Future Institute of Innovation and Technology advances the discovery and application of knowledge that accelerates economic growth, regional development and social innovation and inspires graduates who will continue to make an impact on the world, as it is and as it will be.
- Provide superior undergraduate and graduate programs that are technology-enriched and responsive to the needs of students and the evolving workplace.
- Conduct research that creates knowledge, solves problems, results in economic and social innovation and engages students.
- Facilitate life-long learning that is flexible, inclusive and emphasizes college Institute transfers.
- Develop academic and research collaborations with industry and community that stimulate and enhance the region and Institute in Africa and abroad.
- Cultivate a dynamic learning environment for students by promoting social engagement, fostering critical thinking and integrating experiences inside and outside the classroom.
Integrity and Respect
we embrace honesty, inclusivity, and equity in all that we do.
Honesty and Accountability
our actions reflect our values, and we are accountable for both.
Dedication to Quality and Intellectual Rigour
We strive for excellence with energy, commitment and passion.
Pursuit of Innovation
we cultivate creativity, adaptability and flexibility in our students, faculty and staff.